Oh, its been too long since I posted anything over here on my little knitty blog. Between work, pens, and a terrible bout of chronic headaches, life kind of snuck up and got the better of me. But I’d like to be able to keep this up a little bit better. I still spend hours and hours knitting and looking at other people’s beautiful knits and I would like to be able to share what I’ve found and what I learn.
So onwards, to a few of my favorite recent finds:
- Just Call Me Ruby finally re-released her Simply Perfect Corsage pin pattern. Find it over on Ravelry. It’s a perfect way to use up some scrap yarn and a favorite treasured button and liven up a winter coat.
- Learn to make Pyrex Novelty Brooches at Va-Voom Vintage with Shrinky Dinks, colored pencils and photos.
- While I don’t sew a lot, I love fabrics and wish I had more time to try my hand at sewing. So when I spied the new fabrics from Emily Martin, AKA Inside The Black Apple, The Saltwater Collection from Birch Fabrics, I got a little tickled. They are so sweet and reminded me of summer piers, carnival rides and mysteries of the deep.
- Then there’s the considerably more contemporary and funky fabrics from Lisa Congdon called the Kindred Collection from Cloud 9 Fabrics that are just darling. Would be so fun to make a little 60s full apron out of one of these prints! If only I had more hours in the day!
- And finally, if you have any leftover yarns and a little holiday cheer left, you might want to try making some scrap yarn wreaths using the tutorial put together by Karen at I Always Pick The Thimble. I love how fun they are, especially when the yarns are the twinkly, sparkly stuff you might not have a lot of other use for.